Monday, June 3, 2013

Pastel Apple Project

          One project that I really enjoyed was drawing an apple with pastels. This was one of the first times I'd ever used pastels, so it was difficult at first. I started by using a light color to sketch out the shape of the apple. Then I carefully added reds and other colors by looking at the colors in the apple. The light source is very important in this project, because it shows up a lot on the apple. You have to make the shadow behind the apple on the other side of where the light is shining. You do this by coloring in the shape of the shadow with a darker color. Then, you add white on the light side and blend it in. You do the same thing in the background. This helps show depth and value. It also makes the picture look more realistic. Finally, at the end, I added a little bit of white on the light side of the apple to accent the shiniest places. Overall, I was very happy with how my apple turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment