Monday, June 3, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting


          The acrylic painting was definitely my favorite project from the class. There was a lot of preparation involved. First, we had to decide what we were going to paint. I got my inspiration from this picture I took during a vacation in South Africa:



          Once we had our picture, we had to draw a sketch of it with sharpie, experimenting with different textures found in nature. We also created a color scheme by picking the colors we were going to use, and practicing mixing colors to create tints, shades, and different intensities of the colors. I really liked mixing the colors and learning which colors needed to be added for a specific effect. In my painting, I used the analogous color scheme. In our paintings, we had to show atmospheric perspective. Atmospheric perspective means there are four levels - the sky, the background, the middle ground, and the fore ground. I included all of those in my painting. I tried to use light and value in my painting on the areas of the picture where the sun was shining. I used a lighter shade of paint in those areas to show that. I mostly used smooth brush strokes, but I dabbed the brush a lot to create the texture for the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment